This document sets out what you can expect of us regarding how we look after your user information. We are users too, and share your zeal in wanting to keep what is private, private.
We seek to abide by the letter and spirit of the guidelines laid out by the UK Information Commissioner's Office in the document 'Privacy Notices - Code of Practice'.
Who We Are
More formally, we are Ferrit Ltd, a company registered in England under registration number 09506303. We operate the website found at Feritt.co.uk and our registered office is located at 25 Valerian Avenue, Heddon on the Wall, NE15 0EA.
What Data Do We Collect?
Depending on what type of Feritt account you have, we gather different kinds of data on you.
- We collect all of the content and information you generate on the site such content on your profile and when the information was input and where from. This includes personal information including name, date of birth, sex, email address, education and work history, interests and hobbies.
- We collect information on how you use our site, this includes data such as where and when you log in, how many applications you have made and the jobs you have searched for.
- We collect records of all interactions between users, such as messages, when a profile is viewed by another user and when a user progresses through the application process.
- We collect all information on job posts including applicant lists, length of post and how many applicants were interacted with.
- We also collect information about your browser and your computer, including the IP address.
Why Do We Gather Your Data and How Do We Use It?
We are committed to improving our users experience and making the application process a much smoother part of job seeking/filling a vacancy. All of our data is used to improve our service.
- With analysis of previous job posts and applications we can provide better services to employers to fill vacancies faster.
- With records of application history we can suggest relevant opportunities to users.
- We will use your contact information to send you relevant updates and provide you with information about policy updates.
Sharing of Your Data
Due to the nature of our service, data sharing occurs between users. You can however control which users have access to your information through the privacy settings on your Feritt account. When setting up or updating your Feritt account, please be aware of the following;
- If your profile is set to public then everyone that is a member and everyone that is not a member will be able to view your details.
- You will be able to hide your profile to be viewed only by those whose jobs you have applied.
- Business data will be open for anyone to view, this includes address, name and may include a phone number.
We may share your data with third parties and customers. This data will be annonymised and will not contain personally identifiable information.
- The information may be shared for advertising, measurement and analytical services.
- When sharing this information we will ensure that any of your data processed by third parties is subject to the same rules and regulations that we use to protect your data and that the third party has sufficient technical security measures to ensure your data is safe.
- You have the right to object to the collection and sharing of your data however this will deny you the right to use our service.
- Your data may have to be released in the event of a national security matter, defence matter, public security matter, or for the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal activity.
As part of our overall approach to privacy and transparency, this section describes what cookies are in the context of our web and mobile interfaces, and what their use means to you.
What Are Cookies?
According to Wikipedia:
"A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user's web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user's previous activity. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the state of the website or activity the user had taken in the past."
(used under licence: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)
What Cookies Do We Use?
In this section, we explain what cookies are used in the overall service we provide to our users, and how you can switch off cookies via a setting in your browser.
- These cookies are only used by us, and the information they contain is not shared with anyone else.
List of services we use which use their own cookies (we have linked to each of the services' own privacy policies):
What Can You Do To Manage Your Data?
Using your privacy settings on your Feritt account you can choose who is able to view your profile. This will allow you to:
- Have your profile open to be viewed by anyone
- Let you restrict access to your profile so that it can only be viewed by the employer of the jobs you have applied for.
Last Updated: 09/03/2016